Did you know that more than 1 in 6 Americans don’t have health insurance? And that more than half of the uninsured could find insurance for less than $100 per month (under $50 for people under 35)? ( 1 in 5 African Americans are uninsured. 1 in 4 Hispanics are uninsured.)
Most are uninsured because they do not receive coverage from an employer, cannot afford coverage, or were previously denied insurance due to a pre-existing condition. The uninsured are exposed to significant financial risk from medical issues, accidents or emergencies. Even young and healthy individuals are at-risk. One trip to the emergency room for a broken arm or a bad ear infection could cost thousands of dollars.
We’re working with the Ad Council and Get Covered America to raise awareness about the Health Insurance Marketplace and the financial assistance available. Together with pro bono ad agencies La Comunidad and Razorfish, they’ve launched a new public service advertising (PSA) campaign to help spread the word. Many of your readers may be unaware of their health plan options or the March 31st deadline to enroll, so we hope you’ll join in.
Events: March 31st is the deadline to enroll in subsidized healthcare. We are hosting Twitter Chats on March 4th, 10th, 11th and 18th from 1-2pm Eastern using #TakeCareChat to learn more about Get Covered America and your options under the ACA.
Need: 20 bloggers, preferably Latina, to act as consultants in sharing the Get Covered America messaging
- Participate in one of the Twitter Parties as a consultant and participant, preferably the one on the 11th.
- Write a blog post to share the Twitter Chat schedule and resources available at: http://www.getcoveredamerica.org (We’ve included helpful resources at the bottom). Disclose that your are acting as a paid Twitter Party Consultant for Bloggin’ Mamas, Element Associates, Get Covered America and the Ad Council for this campaign.
- Share one of the YouTube videos or badges below to join thousands of media partners who have donated advertising. (Per the Ad Council’s model, all PSAs run in advertising time and space donated by the media.)
- Enroll America – Online Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFVMoNStU0
- Enroll America – PSA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7LdUSFJTuU&feature=youtu.be
- Share the “Take care, people!” graphics on Facebook or Twitter: https://www.getcoveredamerica.org/action-center/pets-graphics/
$25 paid via PayPal for acting as a Twitter Party Consultant
Posts due 3/10/14 by 11:59pm EST, compensation to be provided within 48 hours of the last Twitter Party on 3/18/14
To receive more info, complete the form below or visit the following link directly: