Join Bloggin Mamas as we host the #FindingDoryBD Twitter Party on Monday, 11–14–16 at 9p EST/6pm PST! We’ll be chatting about Dory and the Finding Dory release on Blu-Ray, DVD and On-Demand!
Date: Monday, November 14th, 2016
Time: 9p EST / 6p PST
Presented by: @BlogginMamas and @AlliedHispanic
Moderators: English– @HeLoEnterprises Spanish– @BBabushka
Co-Hosts: @EnzasBargains, @BabySavers, @HaveSippy, @DonnaHup and @MamasMission
About Finding Dory
The much-anticipated summer blockbuster, Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Dory,” swims home just in time for the holidays on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) on Oct. 25 and on Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on Nov. 15. Viewers can watch Dory’s hilarious and heartwarming quest to find her family and continue the underwater adventure with hours of immersive bonus features.
The film’s playful and plentiful bonus offerings include “Piper,” the theatrical short film starring an irresistible sandpiper hatchling; an all-new mini short featuring interviews with Dory’s pals from the Marine Life Institute; a behind-the-scenes look at the most challenging character Pixar has ever created; never-before-seen deleted scenes, including a digital exclusive featuring the Tank Gang from “Finding Nemo” who make it their mission to get Marlin and Nemo to the Marine Life Institute; and much, much more.
Thirteen years after the original, audiences get a new chapter in the story of their favorite forgetful blue tang. As returning director Andrew Stanton describes, “I realized that I was worried about Dory. The idea of her short-term memory loss and how it affected her was unresolved. What if she got lost again?” His response is a touching tale of friendship and family that’s truly unforgettable … perhaps even for Dory.
Bonus features include*:
Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray & Digital HD:
- Theatrical Short: “Piper” – A hungry sandpiper hatchling ventures from her nest for the first time to dig for food by the shoreline. The only problem is that the food is buried beneath the sand where scary waves roll up onto the shore.
- Marine Life Interviews (All-New Mini Short) – Meet the inhabitants of the Marine Life Institute as they remember our favorite blue tang.
- The Octopus That Nearly Broke Pixar – Pixar’s “Team Hank” unravels the challenges, frustrations, and rewards of bringing to life the studio’s crankiest and most technically complicated character ever.
- What Were We Talking About? – This piece showcases the complex routes Dory’s story took as the filmmakers worked to construct a comprehensive narrative involving a main character with short-term memory loss.
- Casual Carpool – What’s it like to commute with the voices of Marlin, Charlie, Bailey and Hank? Join “Finding Dory” writer/director Andrew Stanton as he drives Albert Brooks, Eugene Levy, Ty Burrell and Ed O’Neill to work.
- Animation & Acting – How do you create a connection between a human audience and a fish? This behind-the-scenes look behind the curtain examines the process of constructing believable performances through a unique collaboration between the director, voice actors and animators.
- Creature Features – The cast of “Finding Dory” share cool facts about the creatures they voice in the film.
- Deep in the Kelp – Disney Channel’s Jenna Ortega guides us on a research trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to show how far the “Finding Dory” crew went to make Dory’s world feel real.
- Skating & Sketching with Jason Deamer – “Finding Dory” character art director Jason Deamer talks about how he got to Pixar, how he draws the characters in the film, and how falling off a skateboard teaches you lessons you can use in art and life.
- Dory’s Theme – A spirited discussion among the composer, music editor and director of “Finding Dory” about the musical elements that shape Dory’s quirky and joyful theme.
- Rough Day on the Reef – Sometimes computers make mistakes. Here you’ll see some of the funny, creepy and just plain bizarre footage the crew encountered while making “Finding Dory.”
- Commentary – Director Andrew Stanton, co-director Angus MacLane and producer Lindsey Collins deliver their personal perspective on “Finding Dory.”
- Deleted Scenes (introduced by director Andrew Stanton)
- Losing Nemo – While watching the stingray migration, Dory starts to follow two fish that remind her of her parents, leaving Nemo all alone.
- Little Tension in Clown Town – In this alternate version of the film, Dory tries to “follow her fins” to her parents, but ends up in a strange place with even stranger fish fashion.
- Dory Dumped – In this early version of the story, Dory’s parents had short-term memory loss as well.
- Sleep Swimming – Dory begins to talk and swim in her sleep, revealing what seem to be clues to her past.
- Meeting Hank – Wandering the Marine Life Institute’s elaborate pipe system, Dory happens upon the abode of Hank the cranky octopus.
- The Pig – Frantically navigating the pipes of the Marine Life Institute in search of her parents, Dory crosses paths with a terrifying cleaning device.
- Starting Over – Director Andrew Stanton presents four different versions of the movie’s opening scene to illustrate the filmmakers’ search for the best way to introduce Dory’s backstory and to connect this new film to “Finding Nemo.”
- Tank Gang (Digital exclusive) – After a close encounter with a squid leaves them separated from Dory, Marlin and Nemo unexpectedly meet up with the Tank Gang from “Finding Nemo,” who make it their mission to get to the Marine Life Institute … by any means necessary.
- Hidden Seacrets of Finding Dory (Digital exclusive) – Take a deep dive to catch secret Easter Eggs throughout the movie. And just like Hank, they’re hidden in plain sight.
- Theatrical Short: Piper & Commentary
Directed by Andrew Stanton (“Finding Nemo,” “WALL•E”) and co-directed by Angus MacLane (“Toy Story OF TERROR!”), the film is produced by Lindsey Collins (co-producer “WALL•E”) and executive produced by John Lasseter. Victoria Strouse (“October Road”) wrote the script with Stanton. Veteran composer and longtime Stanton collaborator Thomas Newman (“Bridge of Spies,” “WALL•E,” “Finding Nemo”) created the film’s music score and singer-songwriter Sia performs the film’s end-credit song, “Unforgettable.”
Like Finding Dory on Facebook:
Follow Finding Dory on Twitter:
Follow Finding Dory on Instagram:
FINDING DORY is available on Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand November 15th! Check out these movie trailers!
Another trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKJA-VLpiCo
— Bloggin’ Mamas (@blogginmamas) November 11, 2016
During the Twitter Party there will be a chance to win one of the following prizes by answering various questions about the Dory and her friends. Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries.
One (1) $25 AMEX gift card (ARV $25)
Two (2) $50 AMEX gift cards (ARV $50 ea, 1 per winner)
Two (2) Gift Packs including one (1) $100 AMEX giftcard & one (1) Finding Dory plush (ARV $125 ea, 1 per winner)
One (1) prize pack, including one (1) $25 AMEX giftcard and one (1) Finding Dory plush (ARV $50)
Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
By RSVP’ing to this event and utilizing the # hashtag, the attendees acknowledge having read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
Twitter Party Prize Giveaway begins November 14th, 2016 at 9:00 pm ET and ends no later than November 14th, 2016 at 10:30pm ET (the “Twitter Chat Entry Period”). Entrants enter via following @FindingDory, @HeLoEnterprises & @BlogginMamas, and posting a tweet with the #FindingDoryBD hashtag during the Twitter Chat Entry Period. Five (5) Winners will be drawn randomly by random.org at approximately 12 minute intervals during the Twitter Party Entry Period. One (1) Winner will be drawn randomly via random.org from the event RSVP’s on the Mr. Linky widget.
One (1) prize pack, including one (1) $25 AMEX gift card. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) $25, to be awarded to one (1) winner.
Two (2) prize packs, each including one (1) $50 AMEX gift card. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) $50, to be awarded to each of two (2) winners.
Two (2) Grand Prize packs, each including one (1) $100 AMEX gift card and one (1) Finding Dory plush. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) $125, to be awarded to each of two (2) winners.
One (1) RSVP Prize pack, including one (1) $25 AMEX gift card and one (1) Finding Dory plush. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) $50, to be awarded to one (1) winner who RSVP’s via the Mr. Linky widget.
Each winner receives one (1) prize pack. Entrants who fail to complete said actions will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from all entrants who entered during the Twitter Party Entry Period. Winners will be notified via Twitter Mention & will need to complete a claim form. Winners will have 48 hours to complete the claim form including providing shipping info, or a an alternate winner will be selected from amongst all entries received during the Twitter Party Entry Period. All prizes will be awarded provided they are validly claimed by November 15th, 2016 at 11:59AM EST.
Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Bloggin’ Mamas, Heather Lopez Enterprises, LLC, Allied Hispanic, Disney, Pixar, Finding Dory, Twitter, and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this giveaway, and their respective parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents and subcontractors (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in this giveaway, acceptance or use or misuse of prize. Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in this giveaway and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize, including, without limitation, liability for personal injury, damage, or loss.
The Released Parties make no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the giveaway. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HERE BY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Disclosure: Bloggin’ Mamas is managing this Twitter Party. Individual co-hosts are receiving compensation for their participation. All prize fulfillment is the responsibility of the sponsor.